95. How to Fix Politics, Redesign Education and Stop Climate Change Cold | Mark Stevenson
Mark Stevenson (@optimistontour) is a reluctant futurist, bestselling author, frequent speaker and occasional comedian. He’s one of the world’s most respected thinkers on the connection between technology and society, helping governments, NGOs and corporates adapt to the future for sustainable success.
He is the author of An Optimist’s Tour of the Future and We Do Things Differently, is an occasional comedy writer and his first play, the farce Octopus Soup (co-authored with Jack Milner) tours the UK in Spring 2019. He is also one half of The Futurenauts. His parents still have no idea what he does.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- A better way to think about and tackle climate change
- Ways Mark and I would like to reform the education system
- Richard Branson and Al Gore’s profitable plan to save the world
- The reason we’re becoming more politicized and possible solutions
- Why we’re already saving the world but just don’t know it yet
- How Mark thinks we can redesign government for the 21st century
- The effect of comedy on fixing societal issues
- How the arts impacts and often drives innovation and progress
- The problem with optimism and bigger issue of cynism
- Why Brazil may be beating the US when it comes to governmental innovation
- The reason future literacy and systems thinking is the most important skill for the future
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation to Support The Disruptors
Big On Health and Human Optimization?
Designed for and by athletes and top performers like Joe Rogan, ONNIT makes top-notch supplements and workout gear. Big fan of MCT oil when I’m doing keto, their F*CK YEAH! Coffee with 2x the caffeine, grass-fed whey protein and Total Human, the all-in-one to live and perform at your best. Save 10% on ANY ORDER (except fitness equipment) with Coupon Code: disruptors