Rebecca D Costa (@rebeccacosta) is an American sociobiologist and futurist and a recipient of the prestigious Edward O. Wilson Biodiversity Technology Award. Her work has been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, The Guardian, and other leading publications and here weekly column, THE FIX, is presently featured on Newsmax and on her site: rebeccacosta.com
Costa was the founder and CEO of one of the largest technology marketing firms in California, where she developed an extensive track record of introducing disruptive, bleeding edge technologies for industry leaders like HP, Apple Computer, Oracle, Siebel Systems, General Electric, 3M, and others.
Rebecca spent six years researching and writing the international bestseller The Watchman’s Rattle: A Radical New Theory of Collapse and her follow-on book On the Verge shot to the top of Amazon’s #1 New Business Releases. The success of The Watchman’s Rattle led to a popular weekly news program called The Costa Report which was syndicated throughout the United States until 2018.
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- How AI and predictive analytics shifts the balance of power
- Why the future is becoming increasingly knowable
- The truth about complexity and what it means for all of us
- How evolution has primed people to fail today’s challenges
- The big problems facing society and how to solve them
- Why terrorism inevitably leads to Minority Report
- The effect of CRISPR on human nature
- How nano-bots will impact the future of healthcare and pharma
- The reason Rebecca isn’t that worried about the existential risk
- How to think about the future of politics and governments
- Why we basically bonobos monkeys with better tech