Bryan Versteeg (@spacehabs) is a conceptual designer at spacehabs.com and the co-founder of Deep Space Industries (@GoDeepSpace), an asteroid mining company striving toward the effective and efficient development of space resources to propel human development off the earth. The company will change the economic model of doing business in space by providing the technical resources, capabilities and system integration required to discover, harvest, process and market in-space resources.
Bryan is responsible for the conceptual designs for the Mars One mission. A not for profit that aims to develop a permanent human settlement on Mars. An act that would instantly double the number of planets that humans can call home.
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- Why asteroid mining is critical to space exploration
- The stroke that changed Bryan’s life and outlook on living
- How artistic expression inspires creativity and innovation in tech
- Why space is so hard and launches cost so crucial
- The importance of visualizing space habitats
- The Bryan is worried and excited about AI
- How farming of the future works and importance of self-sustainability
- Why VR will transform our ability to explore everything
- How 3d printing will put its mark on humanity
- The problem starting a Mars colony and how to solve it
- Understanding water and its importance in space
- Why Elon Musk is so important for humanity’s space-faring future
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation to Support The Disruptors