151. Tackling Climate Change With Economic Incentives and Circular Economics | Andrew Winston
Andrew Winston (@andrewwinston) is the founder of Winston Eco-Strategies, author of The Big Pivot and Green Recovery, and coauthored Green to Gold, the best-selling guide to what works — and what doesn’t — when companies go green.
He’s a globally recognized expert on green business and has appeared in WSJ, Time, BusinessWeek, NYTimes, and CNBC. His clients have included Bank of America, Bayer, HP, Pepsi, Boeing, and IKEA.
He’s a respected speaker, served as the Director of Corporate Environmental Strategy Project at Yale’s renowned School of Forestry and Environmental Studies and has a weekly column for Harvard Business Online. He was recently named a “Planet Defender” by Rock the Earth.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- How to redesign the economy and stock market to incentivize a better future
- What are the biggest megatrends affecting our future
- Why eating less/clean meat is the biggest thing you can do to fight climate change
- Fixing the shareholder value incentive ruining our world
- Why short-termism is the route of the most evil
- What you should know about the Green New Deal
- Why the US doesn’t do enough for infrastructure
- The reason the US doesn’t solve the election turnout issues
- How close are we to point of no return on environment
- Andrew’s thoughts on the future of renewable energy and why it’s inevitable
- Why Andrew’s optimistic about fighting climate change
- What’s the role of government going forward
- Why we need circular economics and to tackle climate change now
- The danger of the devices and social media
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation to Support The Disruptors
I love coffee, but get jittery. That’s why I’m excited to tell you about Four Sigmatic’s Lions Mane blend, with only 40mg caffeine, less than 1/4 a small Starbucks but with even more impact. Their switched on blends of natural, drug-free mushroom supermixes are a must for an overachiever, like you. Use Coupon Code: DISRUPTORS to save an EXTRA 10% OFF, plus FREE shipping in the US on their world-class coffees and enhancers.