134. Augmented Reality, Automation and Life After Move Fast and Break Things | Galit Ariel
Galit Ariel (@galitariel) is a transdisciplinary creative and strategic thinker and self-defined Digital Hippie, very focused on augmented reality and experiential tech. Her book Augmenting Alice – The Future of Identity, Experience and Reality explores the manner in which Augmented Reality’s diffusion will shift cultural and functional paradigms and redefine core concepts related to culture, space, experience and ethics.
Her agency, Wondarlands, helps clients and brands shape their augmented futures, exploring immersive narratives, interaction tools, brand touch-points, and experience creation. She’s an international speaker and mentor that’s been featured at TED, The Next Web, SXSW, Fifteen Seconds, Slush Tokyo, IVRPA and many more. She is also a member and co-founder of a UK based think-and-do-tank connected to the Ravensbourne University Architecture research center, looking at the future of urban environments and how they might influence the human experience.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- Life beyond move fast and break things
- How augmented reality will connect us in unexpected ways
- What Galit thinks about automation, jobs and more…
- Why Galit’s worried about the lack of humanity in tech
- How to tackles society’s biggest challenges through collective action
- When can you expect AR epicness and where will it come from
- The reason the attention economy is so destructive
- Why AR will trump VR and be the next major paradigm
- What Apple means for the future of AR
- Why holograms and AR are already here
- The reason Google Glass failed and visual AR isn’t ready yet
- Why Galit’s worried about privacy and rights going forward
Sponsored by RocketDollar
Special thanks to RocketDollar, the low-fee startup helping individuals invest securely and easily in Real Estate, Precious Metals, and more. Build Your Perfect Retirement Portfolio with a Self-Directed Solo 401(k) or Self-Directed IRA and put your money to work. Use PROMO CODE: DISRUPTORS to support and set yourself up for financial freedom!
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
Superhuman Brain Nootropics
Daniel Schmachtenberger (prev on podcast) and the folks at Neurohacker are some of THE smartest biohackers on the planet, and their Qualia’s line of brain-enhancing nootropics make it obvious why. Get $15% off ANY order, or 50% OFF 1st order and 15% OFF ALL orders if you order a subscription with Coupon Code: DISRUPTORS. At Disruptors, we’re big on health and biohacking for a reason!