Abe Cambridge (@abecambridge) is a serial energy entrepreneur who establishes businesses and projects around the world that use solar energy to bring about out major socio-economic shifts. In 2010, he pioneered utility-scale solar in Britain and in 2012 one of his businesses, The Renewable Energy Co-operative, was nominated ‘International Co-operative of The Year’ in the United Nations Year of Co-operatives.
In 2014, Abe launched Sun Exchange—a global solar micro-leasing marketplace that closes the funding gap for commercial- and community-scale solar projects in emerging markets, while streaming monetized sunshine all over the world. Sun Exchange has been named Best Bitcoin & Blockchain Business in Africa two years in a row and Abe delivers keynote speeches around the world.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- How to speed the transition to renewables and why it’s inevitable
- What blockchain and Bitcoin means for governments and commerce
- Why cryptocurrency is the future but the ownership is up for grabs
- What Facebook’s Libra coin means for the rest of the world
- The reason decentralization is so valuable and needed in our world
- Why Africa has a more sophisticated payments system than America
- What crowdfunding infrastructure means for emerging markets
- What areas are most ripe for blockchain-based disruption
- Pros and cons of decentralization
- Why climate change is 100% real regardless of global warming
- What distributed solar really means for the world
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation to Support The Disruptors